|My Wife and Kids|
|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Air date||September 26, 2001|
|Written by||Don Reo|
|Directed by||James Widdoes|
|Episode No. in Series||13|
"Mom's Away: Part 1"
While Jay is away taking care of her mother who broke her leg, Michael is left in charge of the house and the kids. They all miss their mother, and nothing Michael does seems to be as good how Jay did. Jr. wants to join the basketball team. Michael doubts he'll make it, but when he does Michael has other problems to worry about: Jr.'s friends, who seem to be using him. Meanwhile, Kady is cranky and not even Michael's efforts to make cookies just like her mother's are working. Trying to get a smile from her, he starts to tell her how she was born. Claire's friend Charmaine (Raven-Symoné) is spending the night over. But the two have bigger worries when a pregnancy test of Charmine's comes out positive.
Main Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
- Tisha Campbell-Martin does not appear in this episode and a few after this. She was away giving birth to her son at the time this episode was done. That is why she was absent for a few shows.
- Since Season 2, the actor for Claire Kyle is recast to Jennifer Nicole Freeman. Jazz Raycole was replaced because her mother was concerned about the upcoming storyline, of the this Seasons' premiere: Charmaine, one of Claire's very good friends, being pregnant. When the show kept the storyline, her mother pulled her from the show.
- Damon Wayans hired his son to play Junior Kyle's friend, John.
- Damon Wayans hired his other son to play Mike.
- Raven-Symone is the first cast member of "The Cosby Show" to appear on My Wife and Kids. Damon Wayans once stated that My Wife and Kids was inspired by "The Cosby Show".