|My Wife and Kids|
|Season 2, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 26, 2001|
|Written by||Don Reo, Damon Wayans,|
|Directed by||James Widdoes|
|Episode No. in Series||12|
"Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow"
"Mom's Away: Part 2"
While Jay is away taking care of her mother who broke her leg, Michael is left in charge of the house and the kids. They all miss their mother, and nothing Michael does seems to be as good how Jay did it.
Episode Description Edit
The episode starts with Michael walking into Junior's bedroom and trying to wake him up by singing the words "Rise and Shine", he makes noise with a wooden spoon and a pan, he realises Juniors still asleep and he goes to open the curtains for sunlight while singing the words "Rise and Shine, rise and shine, if I have to say it again, they're'll be a foot in your behind. Rise and Shine, come on Junior rise and-" He grabs a very bad smelling sock from Juniors' laundry and smells it, he seems disgusted and he throws it in Junior's face which evidently wakes him up; in shock.
Main Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
- Tisha Campbell-Martin does not appear in this episode and a few after this. She was away giving birth to her son at the time this episode was done. That is why she was absent for a few shows.
- Since Season 2, the actor for Claire Kyle is recast to Jennifer Freeman. Jazz Raycole was replaced because her mother was concerned about the upcoming storyline, of the this Seasons' premiere: Charmaine, one of Claire's very good friends, being pregnant. When the show kept the storyline, her mother pulled her from the show.
- Damon Wayans hired his son to play Junior Kyle's friend, John.
- Damon Wayans hired his other son to play Mike.
- Raven-Symone is the first cast member of "The Cosby Show" to appear on My Wife and Kids. Damon Wayans once stated that My Wife and Kids was inspired by "The Cosby Show".